Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back from Sweden..erm...Innsbruck

Hej everybody!

Yesterday I was in Innsbruck to watch the game Sweden vs. Russia (not in the Stadium...just in the fanzones) and boy, there were a lot of Swedes :)
I guess I never saw that many swedish people - not even in Sweden. The whole city center of Innsbruck was yellow and blue and around 6 o'clock all Swedes met to march to the stadium together - it was amazing, the streets were packed with swedish people and sweden fans. Blue and yellow, wherever I looked.
Afterwards we went to the Berg Isel Ski Jump - and of course most people there were swedish..the front rows were occupied by russian fans, but they were in the minority, by far. ;)
Anyway, in the end Russia won. I guess the saying "He who laughs last laughs best" is true when it comes down to it...
However, it was a great day and Hong, my chinese friend, enjoyed it a lot. And it was really nice to meet Elizabeth again :)

So, that's it for now...tomorrow we will head to Vienna, so the next entry will come on monday or tuesday :)

Pictures from Innsbruck

No comments: